SFLHRC: Our Mission
South Florida Homeschool Resource Center will be a central hub and social network for the homeschooling community, both students and parents.
South Florida Homeschool Resource Center (SFLHRC) will provide a warm, welcoming community for its families, which represent a range of ethnic backgrounds, nationalities, races, religious beliefs, political affiliations as well as homeschooling philosophies.
All members of SFLHRC are treated with respect and dignity; all voices are honored, and all contributions are valued. Our shared mission is to nurture the potential of each child, to celebrate his/her individuality; and to offer every child the opportunity to lead as well as learn, to teach as well as to explore.
SFLHRC members are part of a community, working together continuously to create an enriching environment that:
- Encourages excellence in all activities.
- Encourages the learning of a variety of life skills.
- Establishes meaningful connections to the community.
- Encourages students to think critically, adapt, collaborate, meet challenges, and solve problems.
- Encourages children to be resilient, lead others, and impact other people’s lives.
- Encourages clear communication between individuals.
- Encourages project-based learning focused on the four C’s: communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity.
- Offers STEAM based learning!
- Encourages meaningful connections to the community.
- Offers SEL (Social-Emotional Learning) to develop self-awareness, self-control, and interpersonal skills.
- Inspires a growth mindset for all stages of development.
From the onset, our founder Eva wanted others to experience the same flexibility that she wanted herself as a homeschool parent – the ability to mix and match classes, events, field trips etc. – as kids’ needs and interests changed, so no one felt “locked into” a long-term commitment.
With SFLHRC, families will be welcome to:
- Join us for field trips when their schedule allows.
- Participate in a full-time microschool program.
- Participate in part-time homeschooling pods.
- Participate in a la carte classes based on their family’s needs and desires.
- Actively participate for one quarter and then take the next quarter off.
- Dig in and join us for everything we offer!