EXPERIMENTAL • EXCEPTIONAL • EXPERIENTIAL
South Florida Homeschool Resource Center, SFLHRC, serving Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties, is a central hub for our homeschooling community, providing a range of educational and enrichment programs.
At SFLHRC, we provide our families with a warm, welcoming community that represents a range of ethnic backgrounds, nationalities, languages spoken, races, religious beliefs, political affiliations, as well as homeschooling philosophies.
Our shared mission is to nurture the potential of each child, to celebrate his/her individuality; and to offer every child the opportunity to lead as well as learn, to teach as well as explore.
SFLHRC members are part of a community, working together continuously to create an enriching environment that:
- Encourages excellence in all activities. Encourages the learning of a variety of life skills. Establishes meaningful connections to the community.
- Encourages students to think critically, adapt, collaborate, meet challenges, and solve problems.
- Encourages children to be resilient, lead others, and impact other people’s lives.
- Encourages clear communication between individuals.
- Encourages project-based learning focused on the four C’s: communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity.
- Offers STEAM based learning! Encourages meaningful connections to the community.
- Offers SEL (Social-Emotional Learning) to develop self-awareness, self-control, and interpersonal skills.
- Inspires a growth mindset for all stages of development.
From the onset, our founder Eva wanted others to experience the same flexibility that she wanted herself as a homeschool parent – the ability to mix and match classes, events, field trips etc. – as kids’ needs and interests changed, so no one felt “locked into” a long-term commitment.
With SFLHRC, families will be welcome to:
- Join us for field trips when their schedule allows.
- Participate in a full-time microschool program.
- Participate in part-time homeschooling pods.
- Participate in a la carte classes based on their family’s needs and desires.
- Actively participate for one quarter and then take the next quarter off.
- Dig in and join us for everything we offer!
Meet Our Team!
HEAD OF CURRICULUM, LEAD TEACHER, HEBREW TEACHER
AMS MONTESSORI TEACHER
CTO, INSTRUCTOR, TECHNOLOGIST